Wednesday 18 January 2012

Why I love Jesus and His Church..

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. (Matthew 16:18-19)
Jefferson Bethke's video, "Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus", with 1.4 million hits, is going 'viral'. 



Today there was this response from Fr Robert Barron. Not that every sort of allegation against the Church needs to have a response, but what Fr Barron says here makes lots of sense.




Another video has also been published as a catholic response.




For some people, they search for truth and eventually find it; whereas for some others, truth searches them out; but there are still others like Pontius Pilate, who, when they come face to face with truth, can only ask "what is truth?" and sadly, walk back, for they have too much to lose..

No comments:

Post a Comment